Immigration New Zealand rules and regulations are relaxed to provide better customer service and immigration outcomes.
• Better customer experience—visas will be available online, making getting a visa quicker and easier
• Greater focus on attracting skills, talent and capital to New Zealand
• Improved border security
• Better services for less cost
• Greater responsiveness to changing market conditions worldwide
• Better information sharing with partner organisations.
Skilled Migrant Category
The Skilled Migrant Category application process has two stages:
1. The expression of interest (EOI) stage
Telling about yourself, your family, your skills and your experience.
2. The application stage.
If you have enough points, your application will be accepted, and you will receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from the Government.
We will complete your complete an Expression of Interest (EOI) form online and submit all your supporting documents. After the registration, you'll be able to keep track of the progress of your EOI. Also you'll be able to compile your own information kit and choose topics that you'd like us to keep you updated on.
You can include your partner and dependent children in your application, but you all have to meet these standards.
• Health: You must be healthy. If you are invited to apply for residence, you and your family will have to be assessed by an approved doctor.
• Character: You and your family must be of good character. We don’t allow some people who have committed serious crimes to come to New Zealand.
• English language: You and your family will need to meet a certain level of ability in spoken and written English. See ‘Find out more’, below.
• Occupational registration: If you need occupational registration and do not have it, you will not be able to work in your chosen occupation under the Skilled Migrant Category.